Sphinx with PostgreSQL

Hi,

I am new to both postgre and Sphinx. I need to configure full-text
search in my PostgreSQL database field, which contains text data. I
searched the net and found Sphinx. I downloaded the source, configured
it with-mysql and with-pgsql and make and makeinstall. I have
successfully run the example script given. But I could not test the
indexer or, configure the sphinx.conf file to work with pgsql - by
default it is configured to work with mysql. I propose to use php
programs to do the search, by calling the sphinx indexer.

Can anyone please guide me??? I am really in a fix and need an urgent
solution ....:)