Re: Getting back in the game with error hunting

In message <000301c7a4af$b32a62c0$197f2840$@com>, David Weeks
<teacherweeks@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>First off, thanks for your responses to my plea for help, I do have a
>secondary questions, I am now getting parse errors, that I am figuring are
>being returned from my open tags. I am currently using the <?php tag, when I
>use <? Things seem to work, but the code isn't run. I have been searching
>the net trying to find an answer on this one, but I am kind of at a loss. Do
>you know if this is server configuration issue or something I am coding
>wronging.

Sounds as though <?php is correct, but your code isn't.

Have you tried
<?php
echo "hello world 1";
?>

<?
echo "hello world 2";
?>

Keep it simple to start with!

Is that what you meant?

As to your code, you still have
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo "<html>

So, you would have multiple HTML and BODY tags, there should only be one
of each...
echo "<html>

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){

"<table>...

And if you are still having problems, cut your long line into single
echos - you will be able to find any errors easier

echo '<table>';
echo '<tr>';
echo "<td width='30%' height='25'><font face='verdana' size='1'
color='black'>".$row['itemName']."</font></td>";
etc.

Again, simplifying it...

--
Pete Clark