Reinstall Strangeness.... help!!! 2 ... the saga continues

First off I would like to thank everyone who posted responses to my
last message on this topic, I am making slight progress, but still not
gotten things working yet. I am noticing that all the pages that were
once working and are not now are showing a similar pattern to the
pages. They are all ending with the following text being displayed and
I can not figure out why, these symbols should not be shown to the
best of my undestanding... which from the recent posting/problems is
very limited.

"; } ?> (this is the text being shown at the bottom of the pages)

BTW: as far as I know there were now updates to PHP or MySQL, the only
patches that were applied were to IIS, but I dont think any of the
should have had any effect on the PHP.

Weeks