Reinstall Strangeness.... help!!!

I just had to reinstall PHP after my server totally crashed, I have
configured it exactly the same as far as I can tell, however I am
pretty sure there is something that got left out. I am know having
problems with code that was previously workin, most of the errors and
strangeness is coming from variable interactions. Variables are not
passing their informatin from one to another, variables that hold
database information are not working. Does anyone recognize these
symptoms and if so can you point me in the direction of the answer.

Teacherweeks