Re: paypal again

2006/2/7, Bob Meetin <bobm@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  Is there a php way to fork the information that gets sent to paypal
>  using one of their buttons so that you can store it in a local database
>  (mysql) as well?  For instance:
>
>  Customer: John Smith
>  Address: 123 Main Street
>  Ordered: 3 widgets
>  Total: $99.00
>  Date: 02/07/2006

First, this is typically the data that can be processed by paypal web
services. Then, it is still possible to store that data before doing
the payment.

>  The other somewhat related question, when you use paypal's process their
>  form takes you to their site where your customer registers with name,
>  address, etc... How can you also capture that locally in your/my
>  database without forcing the customer to go through a registration
>  process as well?

Web Services, again. You'll need a Business account.
Think that your payment workflow would be more trustfully if you let
the user pay directly on paypal.

>  Or will paypal return all this info to you in a form or email that you
>  can import?

You are better using IPN (Instant Payment Notification) so that your
site is directly advised when your user's payments are made. Then you
deliver the products.

Laurent.

--
«Un peu d'internationalisme éloigne de la patrie; beaucoup y ramène»
Jean Jaurès@<http://www.le-valdo.com>

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/