RE: php5 question

Hi Urb,
>From outside the UK you might not be able to use the dial-up facility.  This
involves dialing in on a premium rate number for uploads to your web space.
Apart from the cost of the telphone call the webspace is free, including use
of MySQL, PHP, Apache.  I pay £15 (22 euros) per annum for access using my
adsl connection.  There are other more expensive terms for larger webspaces,
etc.

So it can be free, or for a small charge.

Plus all the profits go to support free software in the UK.

I have about 10 websites sharing my webspace and 2 clients paying the £15
per annum.

I have the Standard+ membership.  I use FreeParking for the domain
registration and redirect to UKFSN for webspace.  It looks as though it is
more expensive if the domain is registered at UKFSN.

The website has changed and I just tried to find where it goes through the
various free and low cost memberships.  I couldn't find the right page.  I
think what I said is correct though; here's what it says on the home page:

    * Unlimited local rate dialup Internet access at speed up to 128Kb/s
    * Unlimited Email addresses : [anything]@username.ukfsn.org
    * POP3 (with TLS) or SMTP for mail delivery
    * Optional Email SPAM and Virus Filters (blocks over 20,000 viruses)
    * Webmail
    * 20MB of Perl, PHP & Python enabled web space - www.username.ukfsn.org
    * MySQL Database
    * USENET News - over 40,000 newsgroups
    * Standard and secure FTP facilities for website updates

Additionally we offer various subscription packages allowing you to enjoy
all of the above without having to dial into our access numbers.

Brian