Re: PHP events, listener, trigger

Hi,

historically, the problem of listeners, triggers, etc,
is that those things are what we call a
'design pattern'.

When doing database programming, the DBMS calls the trigger.
Inside Swing or GUI toolkit, the toolkit calls listeners by itself,
since you register a listener with an object, to make the object able
to signal the listener one of its properties has changed.

In this field, if we tackle the problem of PHP, the problem is that
whe need to register the PHP script with a file.

And it can be made with stream_select wich calls the select() C POSIX
function internally. The C select function makes some calls to the OS
internals. then the kernel awake the process when the given file or
stream has changed.
http://fr2.php.net/manual/en/function.stream-select.php

Good Luck,
Laurent.

--
«Un peu d'internationalisme éloigne de la patrie; beaucoup y ramène»
Jean Jaurès@<http://www.le-valdo.com>

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/saFolB/TM