Re: Runnning a process in background

You can use the PHP extension PCNTL, however, it's tricky to talk to
different threads. You have to using SHMOP or something along those
lines of communicating. I'm sure you can manufacture an alternate
communication route, there's just no native way to talk to threads (as
far as I know, if someone knows I'd really be interested). A side note,
PCNTL is command line only, useful in a daemon situation. If you're in
an apache environment you're out of luck unfortunately.

Thank you,
Ryan Sexton