Re: where to put my site on Linux machine or window machin to upload them? plz help.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Muhammad Sohail Khan" <>
To: <php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:54 AM
Subject:  where to put my site on Linux machine or window
machin to upload them? plz help.

> I want to uplaod my php pages.. but i dont know how to upload my site
> and in which directory put my pages..
> can any body help me for that..
> if i use linux server  machine then how and where to put site..
> and if i use window server then where to put my pages and how to upload.
> need help

It depends on your web hosting provider and how they have your account set
up. If you are on Virtual Hosting, (the most common type I think), most
likely the provider has it set up so that although the full path to the site
may be usr/home/youraccountname/public_html/  - your files would go in
"public_html".

Don't know Windows, suspect it's a directory called innetpub/www/html/ or
something like that.

Uploading itself depends on what type of PuTTY or FTP program you are using
and it's own internal program commands to do same.

Warm Regards,

         Mark Groen

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development