how to allow only a few pc-es to access a php page over the internet

I'm developing a site which needs to be accessed only by few computers
and it seems that user/password login is not sufficient. How can I
make this work. I was thinking about an identification process which
includes the client pc sending some kind of info to the server (some
code of some sort...not important). Anybody can help me? Plz

Thanks :)

PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links