Re: php4 with (togheter) php5. How ?

On 5/5/05, Marcos A Nobre <marcos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to do to Apache can differ .php as a php4 file and .php5 as
> a php5 file, but before I need to have both PHP4 and PHP5 living
> togheter in my environment.
>
> My php4 came from my Linux Distro (rpm packages). Where I have Mysql and
> Apache installed too.
>
>  From now, how can I install PHP5 (from a tgz, compiling and installing)
> ina a way that it can be assembled with my actual environmnent ?
>
> I don't want to recompile Apache nor Mysql for this chalenge.
>
> For any trick or ideia, TIA.

if you're using php as module,
maybe you could do this in httpd.conf:

# for php4
LoadModule php4_module /path/to/php4apache.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php4

# for php5
LoadModule php5_module /path/to/php5apache.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php5

ps: untested, hope that works ^_^

--
aldi, kriwil.com