Re: Re: MySQL Connection

Have you checked to make sure that table exists in your database? And
that it's not corrupted?

You might want to issue this command instead of the "Select NOW()";
below:
"SHOW TABLES";

Make sure you are seeing the table.

On Mar 8, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Anuradika wrote:

This first code is working well, which return the date of the
server, but, getting rows from the table tbl_BBY doesnt work, please
help

$query  = "Select NOW() ";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo $row[0];
}
exit;

$query  = "Select txt_ID FROM tbl_BBY ";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo $row['txt_ID'];
}

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anuradika Jaganadhan
<anuradika80@xxxx> wrote:
> i have tried to remove the @ which looks like this now
>
> $cx = mysql_connect('localhost', 'db', 'password');
> mysql_select_db("db") or die( "Unable to select
> database");
>
> and also used without MYSQL_ASSOC, but still im
> getting the same error message. Can anyone help me
> please
>

> --- Ryan Sexton <rsexton@xxxx> wrote:
>> Are you sure the Conn_to_Mysql.php contains the
>> correct username and
>> password and the correct host to where your mysql
>> installation is? I'd
>> say you're failing to make a connection to your
>> mysql database at the
>> office because it's setup differently. I'd bet you
>> have a @ in front of
>> your mysql_connect() statement in that include file.
>> remove it and run
>> your script to see what the error message is.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Ryan
>>
>> On Mar 7, 2005, at 6:42 PM, Anuradika wrote:
>>

>> Hi there,
>> I have coded the project using php 5.0.3, with MySQL
>> 4.1. I am using
>>
>> require("Conn_to_Mysql.php");
>> $query  = "Select * from tbl_BBY ";
>> $result = mysql_query($query);
>> while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result,
>> MYSQL_ASSOC))
>> {
>>
>> }
>>
>> Its running in my office pc, and my home pc, but
>> when i upload to the
>> webserver, its giving error as such, anyone able to
>> help me to solve
>> this issue.
>>
>> Warning:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is
>> not a valid MySQL
>> result resource
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/