Re: PHP Template (smarty)

> how hard to understand an echo syntax?
>
> please give me some enlightment, i'm on searching why template engine
> should use str_replace() function. (read tpl files, find & replace
> {tag}, include tpl file to php file).

Simply put, its not all simple replacement.  Template engines also
make such actions as array iteration, value comparison, use of
conditionals, external file inclusion, and code reuse simple enough
for a $15/hr web designer to understand.  Not only that, but it makes
the code cleaner on both sides (logic and presentation) by not
intermingling the two.

PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links