Re: How to confirm is file is downloaded o not

Hi,to all.

Thankx for replying to my query.

Will some body told me that how to analyze the httpd logfiles as its
mentioned in this email.
Please gave me some links/tutorials to solve tha problem
Thankx

Sajid

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jose M.Santibáñez <jms@xxxx>
wrote:
> El 17 Jan 2005 21:41 CLST escribiste:
>
> (..)
> > Now problem here is that due to any of the reason there may a
chance
> > that in the download process it discard the downloading(i.e due
any
> > technical problems)
> >
> > So now you are well aware of the probleb.
> >
> > Tell me that how do i confirm that wether article is downloaded
> > successfully so the i can perform the code expiration
functionality.
> > If downloading is not successfullty then next time he can also
> > down;oad woth the same  code.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I analize that problem, and IMHO there are two solutions:
> a) review log files.. If download works, in httpd logs appears
a "200" success code.
> It's may be done by a cron-based process (It may change a record
on database) or by download process (as a grep by code).
> b) use an activeX to download... This activeX must call
a "finished" page when download is complete.
> (this way is onñly Internet-Explorer compatible)
>
> There is a third not full accurate way: give an fixed number of
trys... (three trys and out).

> regards...
>
>                            Jose M. Santibañez A.

PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/