Shopping cart scripts

To Whom It May Concern:

We need a shopping cart for our website in order to interface with
our merchant which also provides gateway services.
At the moment, we are selling about 15 products. 2/3 of those
products are characterized by the size properties. The lengths
options may include all of the following lengths 12", 18", 24", 36",
48", or only a subset of those (radio buttons). The customer may
also be given the option to manually input the length he wishes for
(see at the bottom for two options regarding the latter scenario).
We (the administrator) plan to add a few more products to our
present lines and thus will need to be able to easily add/integrate
those new products to the shopping cart. Likewise we need to be able
to remove products if we wish to.

Here is the description of one option for the shopping cart. If you
have a different concept, please let us see it and discuss it.

The last page before the shopping cart contains the list of our
products and for each of them there is an icon saying "view shopping
cart". By clicking on any of these icons, the customer should be
taken to the shopping-cart page. On the shopping-cart page I wish to
see
1.	the quantity of the product chosen by the customer (1 to
start with and amenable to changes by the customer if customer wants
to order several of the same item),
2.	The product code
3.	The product description
4.	If applicable the product length choices (radio buttons)
5.	The option to remove this item from the shopping cart
6.	A button allowing customer to shop for more items. Once the
customer has selected a second item by clicking on view shopping
cart, customer sees the previous item he had selected and the new
one.
7.	The total price for each item.
8.	A button to update the shopping cart with the new value
9.	A button to check out

When the customer checks out, he will be taken to a page which asks
him to provide his geographical location (city and State if inside
the USA, 2 separate entries) or city and country of any place
outside the USA. According to the state within the USA, the system
will appropriately add taxes (or not) to the total price. Shipping
fees will also have to be calculated.

For each transaction, we need a transaction number to be generated
and associated with that particular transaction.

At the end of the shopping cart, we need to provide, to the merchant-
service provider, the transaction number, the total amount due by
the client and all the details of the order. The details of the
order will be used to generate emails to the client and to us by the
merchant-service provider.

The shopping cart should be able to handle 500 to 1,000 transactions
in parallel.

Our website is very simple. It is written in HTML. And we would like
to keep the shopping cart as simple as possible. We would favor the
use of Perl to encode the shopping cart.

The customer's data are acquired at the interface with the merchant-
service provider. And our shopping cart will have to fit the
requirement of the merchant-service provider. Ultimately we would
like to link this shopping cart to a database to keep track of
clients and orders.

The shopping-cart pages should bear only our domain name and the
name of its own specific page, something like
www.domainname.com/shoppingcart1.html

We want to be able to see the full code behind the shopping cart and
to receive it with detailed information about it.

Regarding the case where the customer enters the length he wishes
for, here are two options:
Option 1:
The customer should be informed that his order will be first
reviewed for approval. Upon approval the customer will receive a
confirmation number (generated randomly) and this confirmation
number should allow the client to enter his credit card info and
continue with the check out process within the following three days.

Option 2
For custom order, the client should contact us, receive a quote and
pay us by check.

Can anyone tell me where I can find scripts for it or can give me
any tips regarding my request?

Thank you.

Best regards

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM