Re: How to convert xls (Excel document)

You have to format the columns of the excelsheets to
read and arrange in order exactly as your mysql table
fields reads and ordered eg. if a table student has
name, regno then the corresponding excel sheet column
head should read name, regno. so each sheet in an
excel work book corresponds to one table in mysql
(workbook can have several sheets).

You can then use a client program like Navicat to load
your data in mysql db (excel to mysql is possible)  or
convert/save your sheet as text file (cvs) then load.

if there is a date column on excel sheet u need to
keep an eye on it, usualy the date is imported in a
strange way say 1890-12-30

goodluck

Lungo

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail