Re: PHP/MySQL SEO

smadaboosi wrote:

> Would like to know how to get php/mysql driven sites optimized for
> search engines. I develop site in PHP whose content is stored in
> MySQL database. I have found that spiders are not picking up the
> site. I have javascript menu. Any suggestions will be greatly
> appreciated. I can give you a site I have in mind if you would be
> interested in pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Thank you all in advance for your help.
>
> Sesh
>

> PHP Data object relational mapping generator -
> http://www.meta-language.net/
>

> *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p8j9re/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006764:HM/EXP=1093962795/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

Hi Sesh

It seems to me that server side scripted sites are much harder to push
up the rankins than plain HTML.
However, the best ways around the problem seem to be add known features
that that spider seem to like and avoid pitfalls that might make them
think there is a lot of spam content.
First of all, make sure that the META tags and descriptions are as
comprehensive as possible and are relevant to the text..
Make sure that there is a lot of text for the spiders to analyse.
Add links, even RSS feeds, to your site and try to get as many other
sites as possible to link to yours.
Finally, don't forget to submit your site to the main engines, dmoz.org
for Google plus at least MSN and Yahoo.
It doesn't seem to hurt if you submit to smaller engines as well.
I can recommend "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" - yes it really
does exist.
Also try downloading a trial version of Dynamic Submission's toolkit.
At the very least you will learn more about improving meta data and the
important of text content.

Finally, don't fall for old tricks like hiding text on a page by making
the colour the same as the background.
Apparently the spiders will spot it and they don't rate it highly.

Best of luck

Andy Clark
At least you may get some links to your site that way.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM