Re: PHP No Session

Some Informations about Sessions:
When you start a session, the webserver creates a file in its tmp directory
(in most cases).
This file is identified by a so called session id.  This id can be sent
from one page to another
by creating links like <a href="example_page1.php?sess_id=(here comes the
session id)">Link</a>,
by using session cookies or with both methods.

In your case this means, that you start the session in page1 and put some
data inside it.
After that you will have to make a link to page 2, the way I showed above.
On page 2 you have to make a link (like the one I showed) that leads to page 3.
Here you can access the session data, if you want it. Of course it is
possible to access the
session data in page 2, too.

Remember, before you can access the session data, you will have to call
session_start().

For more informations about sessions and how to customize them, have a look at:
http://de.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Stephan

At 09:36 19.07.2004, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>Does a PHP page still holds the session information that was set
>in the previous page but not in the current page.
>
>Will Page 2 pass the pass the sessions of page 1 to page 3 if
>page 1 sets php sessions, page 2 is not doing so, but is
>referred by page 1, and page 3 is trying to retrive the sessions
>of page 1, that was reffered by page 2?
>
>[page 1]: sets sessions
>   Links page 2.
>
>[page 2]: idle
>   Links page 3
>
>[page 3]: retrives session.
>
>Please tell me how is this maintained.
>
>=====
>Bimal Poudel
>(Information Management)
>Kathmandu, Nepal
>
>http://fakenepal.tripod.com

>Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!
>http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/yahoo/votelifeengine/
>

>PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/
>Yahoo! Groups Links

.. UND EIN RIESIGES SCHAF WIRD VOM HIMMEL FALLEN UND DIE WELT RETTEN!!!
ACH IHR GLÜCKLICHEN ;-)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM