Re: User-agent/search engine spider class

Hello,

On 12/17/2003 02:37 PM, Derek Scruggs wrote:
>>I have this partly implemented in a class of the PHP Classes
>>site code
>>itself.
>
> That would be great. I hacked something together that uses get_browser(),
> but the SE regexes I wrote are limited in number and thoroughness. Right now
> I can tell if the referrer is Google, Yahoo and a handful of others, and I
> can pull out their search terms, but a more comprehensive list would be
> useful (and ideal for a web service).

I think a Web service (an HTTP based request to a remote server) would
probably be too slow. I think that even a local database query could be
faster.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/

Look here for Free PHP Classes of objects:
http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: