Automation

Is there another way to automate scipts other than using GTK and
continuous loops but they can cause serious memmory leeks if your not
careful.  Can I do the same in php without the worry of memmory
leeks, especially since this would mean the script would never end.
Some scripts I want to run once a day, some once an hour and others
every 15 seconds or so.

Thank you for your response in advance.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/saFolB/TM