[metal-dev] Metastorage tutorial alpha and incoming developements

Hello,

As a side note, I forgot to mention that the Metastorage tutorial is
available here:

---

As you may have noticed, finally I have uploaded an alpha version of the
Metastorage tutorial document that I have been writing very slowly in
the latest months.

This tutorial document is suppose to teach how to install Metastorage
packages, design components, generate code and use the generated code in
real applications.

It is an alpha version because only part of the sections mentioned above
are fully written. The other sections will be finished in the next days.

Although it is not complete as I wanted, I decided to release it now as
it is just for your evaluation. The reason is that I have been
approached by people asking if the project is alive.

The project is very alive. It is just that I have to split my time with
the development and maintenance of the PHP Classes site.

The good news is that the Web based advertising business is back and
that has been providing enough income to dedicate to the PHP Classes
site. So, now it is time to work on features that have been requested by
many users for the PHP Classes site, as these also lead to the
exhibition of more pages to show to ads of the potential advertisers.

This has directly to do with the development of MetaL and its
sub-projects like Metastorage because the new features that are planned
will be based on code generated by Metastorage.

As a side comment, it is possible that will release two new products
based on MetaL some time later.

One is meant to support literate programming (documentation within
source code comments) like Knuth CWEB or Javadoc but based on an
information rich XML markup syntax, instead of that cryptic markup
language that Knuth invented and others have copied.

I have already used this product and called it metadocument. You may
seen an example of the code with embedded comments and the example of
generated documentation here. This is a class that I wrote recently to
monitor error log files by e-mail and decided to generate documentation
with metadocument .

http://www.phpclasses.org/logwatcher

The other product is meant to support theme based sites by integrating
design templates into application code. For now, it is only idealized.
No code was written, except for the template module of the MetaL
compiler that was one of the first that I wrote in the beginning 4 years
ago and I am also using to generate Metastorage form handling classes
and the documentation for MetaL and other projects.

Anyway, for now what matters is the Metastorage tutorial. I plan to
finish it soon. Meanwhile I would appreciate any feedback regarding
whether this tutorial presents enough information to help you take
advantage of Metastorage, at least the parts it is completed.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/saFolB/TM