Re: [php-objects] FW: types in php

Apart from the identity comparison operator mentioned in the list before (===),
you can of course the functions gettype() or any of the is_*() functions that
have been in PHP since PHP 3 (at least).

More details and information at the PHP manual (which should be required
reading for anyione using PHP ;-), in particular the "Variable functions":

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.variables.php

HTH

--- Rob <rcherry@jamwarehouse.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to tell what type a variable is?  My problem is this:
>
> I query a db table for a primary key that is an integer.  If the key exists
> I return it,
> otherwise I return false.  Then I can do some like this:
>
> $key = getKey("bob");
> //if false was not returned
> if ($key) {
> 	//do stuff
> }
>
> But what happens if I get back a key of 0, since 0 in php is equivalent to
> false?  Is there any way to check whether
> $key came back as an int or a bool?
>
> Thanks
>
> ---
> Rob

=====
--- Jesus M. Castagnetto (jcastagnetto@yahoo.com)

Research:
 http://metallo.scripps.edu/
Personal: http://www.castagnetto.org/

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/saFolB/TM