trying to solve a mysql grant issue

Hi.

Testing a php app, and running into an error....

The app throws an error..

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1227 Access denied;
you need (at least one of) the SYSTEM_USER privilege(s) for this
operation ,the sql is: 'DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS `get_monday`'

As far as I can tell, this relates to mysql - grant/privilege issues..

So.. as root for the test user "foo", created the mysql cmds to
test/add the privileges to the user.

 GRANT SUPER, CREATE USER, SYSTEM_USER ON *.* TO foo_user;
 GRANT SUPER, CREATE USER, SYSTEM_USER ON *.* TO `foo_user`@`localhost`;
 ==seems to work..  the *.* is needed..

To check, tried to see if the data is in the mysql.user tbl..

show grants for 'foo_user'@'localhost';
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

USER ON *.* TO `foo_user`@`localhost` WITH GRANT OPTION |
| GRANT SYSTEM_USER ON *.* TO `foo_user`@`localhost`
                                                     |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `zentaopms`.* TO `foo_user`@`localhost` WITH
GRANT OPTION                                         |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE ON `mysql`.`user` TO
`foo_user`@`localhost`                                  |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

So, I suspect I'm doing something wrong..

I posted this to mysql, and decided to post to php as well, just in case.

Any thoughts/things to try would be appreciated. Also, what tbls need
to be checked to make sure the privileges are modified.

thanks