Re: what do you use to build webapps

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 12:18:05PM -0400, bruce wrote:

> Hey...
>
> I posted a question a few mins ago for a php/laravel tutor...
>
> Got me thinking, perhaps laravel isn't needed, so I should back up a sec.
>
> So, when you're building webapps, what do you use? and why if you don't mind?
>
> thanks!
>
> ps.
> This may all come down to me finding a resource to simply build what I
> need, with whatever is used that would let someone else mod it in a
> few mths/years!
>
> thanks again

Contrary to Ed's experience, I use straight PHP. Over the years, I've built
libraries to simply handle fields/forms and databases. I dislike
indirection, as it makes the code more difficult for me to understand.
Also, while I use OOP for the model, I use individual page controllers in
their own "landing" files to drive my app. I've done it the OOP way before,
with each website function a separate method in a controller class, but
I've found it makes the code more complicated and less accessible.

Most of the services Laravel offers I don't need. However, to each his own.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com