20+ Second Delay Serving Script

Hello,

First time posting here.  I knew not where else to post.

Background: I have the ability to serve multiple versions of PHP-FPM on the server.  A few months ago, I set the version for this website to 8.2.13. It took a while to notice the situation. System is Centos 7, with a DirectAdmin control panel.

There is one script in a website that takes 20-30 seconds to display its contents. It uses fopen (to record) and curl (to request an external resource). Investigating the issue lead me to discover that all program’s “processing” is completed within 1 second of the page request. There were no errors in 2 different browser consoles, nor in any error logs.

On a whim, I switched to version 8.1.26. Surprisingly, the issue disappeared and the page was displayed immediately after execution. I then selected 8.3.0 and the page was displayed fast again.

One more time with 8.2 and the 20+ delay resurfaced.  Keep in mind that the script is not changing - only the PHP version.

I believe this is internal to PHP, although I suppose it could also be due to build rules.

What steps might be taken to determine if this is a PHP bug or a build issue?

Thanks,

David