Re: Install PHP 8.1.12 on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core).

> Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022 22:47:15 +0530
> From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am running CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). I have enabled
> both epel and IUS repositories to install
> https://www.php.net/ChangeLog-8.php#8.1.12. It is not available.
>
> Do I need to install and enable any other repository to install PHP
> 8.1.12?

Given that Centos 7 is no longer under active support (it moved to
security support a bit over two years ago) and php 8.1.12 was only
released about 2 weeks ago, you'll likely need to compile it from
source if you need it any time soon. I'd suggest that you build rpms,
rather than doing a direct install as that will make it easier to
manage your php installs going forward.

Before embarking on trying to build something like this from source
it is often good to make certain that one absolutely needs the very
latest release. It's possible that there is some "must have" feature
or a fix to a gaping security issue that isn't otherwise addressable,
so it's worth doing the research. Look at the changelogss and CVEs
since the last repository release available and evaluate the issues.