Re: PHP vs Apache

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 12:16:24 -0700
JEFFRY KILLEN <jekillen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Jul 11, 2022, at 12:02 PM, paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Folks:
> >
> > I have two PHP apps on the same (local) box. One handles financial
> > transactions (A) and the other handles budgeting (B). I want B to
> > query A for information for the budget. So I'm technically querying
> > a remote PHP script from within a different "site" and PHP script
> > on the same box. Like this:
> >
> > http://localhost:8000/budget/get_expenses.php queries
> > http://localhost:8000/finance/expenses.php

[snip]

> Hi;
> Both are under the same domain and port. So you can just use require
> or include on expenses.php from get_expenses.php. Though expenses.php
> will have to be readable.

They're not actually the same "domain". If I try to run the code from
the finance app while in the budget app via include(), its execution
will be relative to the budget app's directory tree. Whereas, the code
to be executed must be executed under the finance app's directory tree.

Hope that makes sense.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster