回复: PHP Performance/Scalability

I think PHP-FPM had heavily reduce the concurrency of PHP.
PHP should immediately implement a API like WSGI/ASGI in python. It is very simple but very useful.

发件人: "Deepak Goel" <deicool@xxxxxxxxx>;
发送时间: 2021年10月26日(星期二) 晚上11:15
收件人: "Alex"<al-php@xxxxxxx>;
抄送: "php-general General List"<php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;"Deepak Sharma"<deepak@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
主题: Re: PHP Performance/Scalability

Hi

The code is fairly simple. It contains a few images and a simple SQL query (The same code in Java gives superb performance). We have an Apache Web Server in front of php as of now. And I will try out this (https://github.com/spiral/roadrunner).

Thanks.

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Mahatma Gandhi"

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 5:15 PM Alex <al-php@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.

On 26.10.21 11:53, Deepak Goel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a very simple PHP application which I develop on Apache-Web-Server. However the application does
> not scale beyond 1500 concurrent users (150 requests/sec), even though there is plenty of hardware
> available (CPU is getting utilized 15%, Memory is getting utilized 15%).
>
> On a similar note, when I develop the same application in Java, it scales to more than 6000 concurrent
> users (600 requests/sec) on the same hardware.
>
> Any pointers on how to address this scalability issue?

The question is how "simple" is the PHP Code?
Maybe you can tune the Code or use another Server in front of PHP FPM like haproxy, Caddy, nginx?
Maybe you can try to run https://github.com/spiral/roadrunner to execute the PHP Code.

Jm2c

Regards
Alex