Re: Fwd: storing and using sensitive data

> Date: Sunday, August 08, 2021 18:56:11 +0200
> From: Rene Veerman <rene.veerman.netherlands@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> so i'm basically looking for a more secure way to store a plaintext
> password than storing it on disk with chmod 770 and chown
> rene:www-data...

Encrypt and store, then decrypt as needed for access usage. I'll
leave it to you to look into how to accomplish this (two-way)
encryption.

By the way, I would not consider a "remember me" type of facility as
providing much security for "sensitive" 3rd party data. It may be
fine for an individual logging into their account on a web site, but
there the data at risk belongs to that individual. When you are
dealing with data that belongs to others the risks and
responsibilities are different and substantially greater.