RE: Why FastCGI?

> FastCGI or something like that to execute the compiler.

Yes exactly – “or something like that” is my question. Why FastCGI?

This is especially given, that I see no other “modern” programming language or framework going down that route. You do not _need_ FastCGI, its just the _current_ choice of protocol for communications between HTTP (Server) <> Script.

Hope my questioning is a bit clearer now. Again: I know what FastCGI is and what it does on a high-level. But would like to know why HTTP is not being considered.

Cheers,

Gunter