Re: PHP has no $_POST values

Greetings, gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx.

> Ive got an odd situation. Ive been developing a new page / section to
> my website (PHP / PHP Smarty templates)

> A week ago, it was working fine for this particular script, But today
> when i revisit it, there's NO $_POST values being received by the
> script at all.

1. Check with a simple form.
2. Post example code.
3. Did you change webserver settings?

If you are using Apache httpd, there's at least 3 ways to activate PHP, which one
did you choose?

> Other scripts in the same directory, work fine. Ive created a
> sub-directory and moved the scripts (included files & main script for
> the one I'm working on) into the subdirectory and still no $_POST
> values.

> The top of my script looks like this (no other information or processing)

Irrelevant, $_POST array is filled before your script started.

> error_reporting(E_ALL);
> ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);
> ini_set('display_startup_errors', TRUE);

Set this in your virtual server configuration, and set it to more sensible
values than this.

php_admin_value error_reporting -1
php_flag display_errors on
php_flag display_startup_errors on

>  echo "<pre>1\n".print_r($_POST,true)."</pre>\n";

> RESULT = a blank/empty array.  Other scripts in the directory (now
> parent directory) work fine.

> Does anyone have ideas on what may be preventing the POST values ?

Server misconfiguration or code mistake.
Test with a simple curl call

curl --form "name=value" http://localhost/yourscript.php

> PS the htaccess file only contains 2 lines :-

> RewriteEngine on

If you are not writing any rules, why enable it at all?
Not to mention, it is often useless and the problem can be resolved entirely
without it.

> DirectoryIndex provisional.php

> QUESTION 2:- Are there any instructions on how to use this php forum ?
> I'm getting NO information at the footer of these messages - archive ?
> how to change settings etc ?

Just use a sane newsreader client.

--
Sincerely Yours, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>