Re: Hoping for a working example of SFTP in PHP

Dear Scott,

SFTP using just username and password is almost as insecure as FTP (it may encrypt the file contents during transfer but probably does not encrypt the filename or metadata, and it fails to use the RSA protocol).

In any case, I have already experimented with the example you cite unsuccessfully.

I do appreciate your participation, but I am looking for a complete working example as described in my original question.

You are omitting the heart of SFTP, which is using a private key successfully. Modern file encryption needs a private key for security, and it is here that most examples fail to work.

Thanks,

David