Re: email character decoding

i've also tried a commandline
iconv -f=Windows-1250 -t=UTF-8 enca.txt
but that returns the data unaltered :(

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 7:37 AM Rene Veerman <rene.veerman.netherlands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
as additional and background info, i can tell you that this data came from a gmail server which upon 'show original', gave me extra headers (that are not in the data, nor in the headers as downloaded through PHP's imap functions), which told me that the charset is windows-1250.
so this must come from Google's magical algorithms, which i find up to now impossible to reproduce :(