form FILE input?

Hello;

I have been working on a project to work
up a module in javascript for the sake of
reading from input fields and converting
them to a form with hidden fields.

When the form with the hidden fields is
submitted, the server will process the
$_POST vars.

But what if the page with the input
elements available for the use to fill in
has a file input field? The server has to
see $_FILE input set for the upload to take
place.

So, the question is:
How is the $_FILE variable established?
Is it the enctype setting in the form itself
or is it the presence of the file field explicitly?

This is an issue because if I convert the file
input to hidden fields will the server see $_FILE
input?

Perhaps this is beyond the scope of this list.
If so, Thank you for attention
JK

If not

Thank you for you time and attention