Re: Using Database (PHP)

Thanks,
do you know when it is required to use (prepare) function?

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 10:26 PM Jigar Dhulla <jigar.tidus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020, 12:41 AM Ashkar Dev <ashkardev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks,
Do you think PDO is better or pg_query_params?
because PDO is supported by PostgreSQL.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 8:18 PM Jigar Dhulla <jigar.tidus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 3:38 PM Ashkar Dev <ashkardev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone have an answer?

I have developed a web application, I used (pg_query) for working with the database:

1. should I convert all (pg_query) to (pg_query_params) or to (PDO)?
2. whats different between all these three types?
3. when it is necessary to use (pg_prepare)?

Thanks.
Pdo is recommended if you plan to switch to other database. And parameterized queries are better as it prevents SQL injection (attack).

Yes, PDO is better from futuristic point of view. Can't comment which one is better in terms of efficiency. Guess is that pg_ will be faster as it is dedicated client for postgresql. Where as PDO is interface/generic and will need additional extension pdo_pgsql for application to connect to postgresql.

I would still prefer PDO.