Tests that require other modules in PECL test suites?

Forgive me if this isn't the right place for it, but I'm running the
test suite for a PECL module, but some of the tests require SimpleXML.
However, the PHP on my system builds the XML modules as shared external
modules, and the test environment explicitly loads only the module I'm
testing, some tests fail. Is there a way to get PHP to include those
modules, or am I doomed to having to make those tests skip instead of
fail?