Re: WORD to text problem

> On May 5, 2020, at 12:54 PM, Alan Mead <amead@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Tedd,
>
> -snip- a good description of problem.
>
> -snip- many regez solutions
>
> Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
> President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

Alan:

Many thanks (I think) for giving me a lot to review.

I was hoping a couple of primed regexs would solve the problem, but it appears to be something larger.

I tried using the <textarea> approach and it seemed to work, but like you said the OS will have a say in what ultimately the user cut/paste operation produces.

I had one client who pasted from a Word document where a bold character was orphaned (left open) and his entire web page turned bold and then complained to me about it — like I did something wrong. He was a nightmare to deal with.

Like I said, I now have literally a hundred, or more, very highly educated people (the worse kind) cutting and pasting all sorts of styles to get their words recorded like they feel is important — style over substance.

So, it’s back to the drawing board. I was hoping for a simple solution, but… Well, what else do I have to do during this “stay at home” period, huh?

My wife wanted to take a trip, so I put up a map of Michigan in our kitchen and told her to throw a dart and wherever it landed, we would spend two weeks there. It looks like we’re going to be spending two weeks behind the refrigerator.

Cheers,

Tedd
Tedd Sperling
tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx