RE: PHP 7.2 DB2 Driver

I have discovered the config.status file created in PHP7.2 has enable_shared = no, while in PHP5 the file has enable_shared = yes. Since the config.status file is created by the ./configure command, I believe the issue has to do with how phpize is creating the ltoptions.m4 and/or the libtool.m4 files in the /build directory.

Any thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph M. Becker <cmbecker69@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:58 AM
To: Robin Luzi <robin.luzi@xxxxxxxx>; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PHP 7.2 DB2 Driver

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you validate the sender and know the content is safe.

On 29.01.2020 at 15:22, Robin Luzi wrote:

>   I am not sure this is the mailing list to ask this question, but if not maybe someone can direct me to the one I need to use. We are trying to install the IBM DB2 driver on Ubuntu 18.04 with PHP 7.2. We have attempted to install the PECL package but it fails. We have download the IBM Server Driver package but it does not contain the ibm_db2.so file. We have download the source from PECL and done a manual compile. And while we have successfully compiled the code after considerable difficulties, it does not produce the ibm_db2.so file. It does produce libibm_db2.a, however.
>
>   Has anyone successfully created the ibm_db2.so file for PHP 7.2?

Have you read the installation instructions[1]?  Would they work, or is that info out-dated?

[1] <https://www.php.net/manual/en/ibm-db2.installation.php>

--
Christoph M. Becker