PHP FFI oddity

This is a long shot, but I figured I'd try here before PHP-Internals.

I'm experimenting with PHP-FFI.  2 weeks ago, I had working code.  The same code 2 weeks later is now not working. (I say "Same code" because I can confirm that via Git.  It's not just me saying I didn't touch it.)

The code in question is here:

https://github.com/Crell/ffi-test/tree/master/points

Running `make inline` (to test loading up the FFI logic inline) works.

Running `make preload` (to load the library in a preload routine) fails.

Specifically, the preloader.php script is called, and gives this error:

PHP Warning:  failed pre-loading '/home/crell/temp/php-ffi-test/points/points.h', cannot resolve C function 'distance' in preloader.php on line 6

Line 6 is:

FFI::load(__DIR__ . "/points.h");

I do not understand how this worked before, but doesn't now.  A friend suggested some library version or path changed, but I've no idea what.

The "dummy" example (in a separate folder) works fine.  It's straight out of the PHP manual.  The main difference is it's linking against stdlib, whereas `points` has a tiny custom library.  That's being problematic.

Anyone have a recommendation here?  I'm out of ideas.

--
  Larry Garfield
  larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx