Re: 7.2.22 PHP with Apache on 32 bit windows

xampp uses the ApacheLounge server.

--- Original message ---
Subject: Re: 7.2.22 PHP with Apache on 32 bit windows
From: Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxx>
To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 05/09/2019 11:31

On 04/09/2019 15:48, Christoph M. Becker wrote:

On 04.09.2019 at 16:01, Lester Caine wrote:

I'm having to build a new machine which has to have a 32bit version of
windows 10 for hardware reasons ( other programs use the parallel port
directly ) ...

I'm looking at PHP7.2 and Apache and so am on VC15 builds with Apache
from ApacheLounge, but I'm falling at the first hurdle. When I try and
enable just a raw PHP using php7apache2_4.dll Apache is no longer starting.

I don't need MySQL and in any case the 'stacks' all seem to be 64 bit
only, so can someone direct me to a combination of 32 bit builds that
will work on Windows10?
<https://home.apache.org/~steffenal/VC15/binaries/httpd-2.4.41-win32-VC15.zip>
and
<https://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/php-7.2.22-Win32-VC15-x86.zip>
should work. It is, of course, important to use a thread-safe PHP, and
to have to appropriate VC runtime installed (see also the sidebar on
<https://windows.php.net/>).

Have a current VC runtime as that is needed by the Firebird tools and the apache dll is only shipped with the thread safe set. But I've managed to find an xampp 32 bit build with php7.3 and I have that running now on the machine, but I now need to fix the PHP code to work with 7.3 :( Adding to the fun, the target computer that this is intended to be installed on is still 'in transit' ... it is so much fun when suppliers charge for next day delivery and then point out that this does not mean 'next day', only that it will be delivered the next day after they think about shipping it! They are NOW quoting 11th and the new site opens on the 9th :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL