Re: Discussion: Behaviour of max_input_vars

On 05/09/2018 12:05, Max Grobecker wrote:
Conclusion:
Is someone else with me, that the current behaviour of the max_input_vars variable is a bit odd and that a proper error (instead of a warning)
should be thrown if max_input_vars is exceeded?

At the moment, I can't find a good way to "catch" a warning in my code to deal with this kind of issue :-(

I countered this problem by adding a token as a hidden form field at the 'end' (i.e. the last field) of the form - if the token field is missing due to the truncation of the posted form fields then the post is deemed incomplete and the update is aborted - this may not be possible or easy to implement on your project but it worked for me.

HTH
Rich