SESSION ID Problem.

Hi gang:

Normally when I want to start a session, I use --

<?php session_start();

— and this has worked for me for years.

Starting last semester, my PHP class started having problems with session ID’s.

The problem occurs as follows:

Student “A" runs their code (using session_start() ) and everything works.

Student “B" runs their code (using session_start() ) and the server reports "Permission denied (13) in…” — AND displays the exact same session ID as the first student (Student A).

Oddly enough, after a while, things work out and the server starts generating different session ID's for each student.

Anyone have an ideas as to why this happens?

Keep in mind, that both students have their own separate account on the school's server AND they are running their own scripts . Even my scripts are not immune to this problem. For example try running my script here:

http://citw.lcc.edu/~sperlt/citw185/examples/session-page1.php

Currently, my script generates:

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56/sess_qsabg71cg8u6i2dfgpsbmfth74, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/sperlt/public_html/citw185/examples/session-page1.php on line 3

However, yesterday the script ran without error.

What gives?

Cheers,

tedd

tedd sperling