Fwd: feature request : gzip caching

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 3:03 AM
Subject: Re:  feature request : gzip caching
To: Rene Veerman <rene.veerman.netherlands@xxxxxxxxx>

Please don't top-post.

Nginx was probably suggested as a lightweight web server, instead of
Apache. I can't say I've ever seen both used at the same time.

Any developer who is serious about their career has an understanding of how
web servers work and the server caching capabilities. If they don't, I
think it's fair to say they're still pretty junior and ideally would be
helped by a more senior developer.

I struggle to understand why you're making PHP responsible for trying to
cache js files that are only requested by the front end. It feels like
you're overcomplicating things somewhat.