Re: How to write binary data to a file?

Its a matter of encoding. If have a data, it can be object, array, resource
type. You need to encode it first to string (stream of bytes) and pass it
to fwrite. If you use fwrite($hnd, 1), PHP will cast 1 as string and string
1 ("1") is in fact 0x31. PHP is doing fine here. If you have encoders
you'll also have decoders. Put your object in it, it should return the
encoded string. Write it using fwrite. For reading it back to memory, use
fread and then decode it back.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:10 AM, David Spector <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx