Re: variable variable syntax change?

On Apr 15, 2016, at 1:06 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

On 15 Apr 2016 at 00:54, Jeffry Killen <jekillen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi;

Q: Did the variable variable syntax change in php v 5.6x?

I am aware it has changed in v 7.0

(or is there probably something else wrong with my code?
Something has gone haywire and I am not getting any errors
accept for the browser complaining the css is sent as text/plain instead
of text/css. That is because the reference to the css source is not
happening.
That is because the variable variable references are failing,
apparently)

I have code that has been working fine until I got a copy of the site
and installed it on a local  FreeBSD server with php v 5.6.0

There are references to an array containing array names as strings
that are supposed to fetch the values in the arrays indicated by array
name as a string.

Further, these are associative arrays that can be used as a database to
access values by string index.

$_subLst = ${self::$_arrayNames[$_dep]};
print "sub: ".$_subLst."\n"; //// $_subLst is empty

Is a header being put out? Something like:

    header ('Content-Type: text/css; charset=utf-8');

--
Cheers  --  Tim

For the css, if there is something being sent, yes, but the way it works
is the source for the css is an index.php script that processes get requests
attactched. When there is no get request, nothing is sent. I solved that
problem to send a css error comment so the css error is solved but the
variable variable syntax is still an issue.

JK