RE: php installation in different location

The options mostly relate to where different things are installed on
your system. You can generally look at the outputs from the
./configure to see what it didn't pick up and you need to explicitly
specify. These options relate to your system and other packages you
have installed.

You should really be using your OSs package management environment
and getting your php package from the appropriate repositories. It is
*possible* that you really need a feature that is in a more recent
release than what is available from your repositories, but in general
that is unlikely.

It is highly unlikely that you need to be installing from source. A
package from a repository will update the installed release so you
don't have to worry about uninstalling anything.