Re: ZipArchive question

On Mar 11, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

On 11 March 2016 21:00:18 GMT+00:00, Jeffry Killen <jekillen@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Hello;

I am working on cms and developing and upload facility.

Part of this process is to upload and unzip a compressed
directory that has nested directories and files.

I am getting this error:

ER_MULTIDISK:  Multi-disk zip archives not supported

The zip archive is not spread over multiple disks. Once the
archive is uploaded it is placed under the servers document root,
which is not broken into partitions. What else could this mean?

The extraction is supposed to occur in the same directory as
the zip archive.

Is this possibly that the nested contents are causing this error?
Or, is there probably some other reason for the error?

Thank you for time and attention;
JK

It sounds like the zip might either be broken (not fully uploaded, etc) or is using an unsupported compression algorithm. The zip format has a few, maybe try some different ones out with the tool you're using to create the zip archive.

Thanks,
Ash

I am using the built in compression in Mac OSX ( client platform ). I will have to find out If there is a way to change that. I would expect that compressing the parent directory would also compress its contents.

Thanks for the suggestions
JK