PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2 error

I have an old apache in a windows server which I want to install php on it
because I have a ticketing system(redmine (rails server)) whose database is
running with MysQL server.

I want to create cron jobs and I realized the easiest way is through
phpMyadmin events.

Therefore, I need to install php on apache server. I have installed new
versions of php and realized that the dll file is for apache 2.4, therefore
I installed php 5.3.13 which has the php dll to load for Apache
Module.(php5apache2_2.dll)

unfortunately apache doesn't load this module, here is the error log of
Apache:

httpd.exe:
Syntax error on line 60 of C:/APPS/webapps/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/APPS/webapps/php-5.3.13-Win32-VC9-x64/php5apache2_2.dll into
server: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I was wondering what can be wrong?

I researched forums and they are talking about C++ redistributs which
should be installed. I looked at the name of downloaded package and it is
VC9, which means it is compatible with visual c++ 2008, well I have that
installed already.

I cannot install again. It is Microsoft and I don't want to go to hassle of
nonesense Microsoft licences.

I appreciate if you let me know if you had the same experience in the past.

Thanks a lot.