Re: Array strangeness

On 04/01/16 15:09, Aziz Saleh wrote:
>     That is weird, you are not touching the array $surnames anywhere
>     else. Also noticed you are declaring $surname but using the plural
>     version $surnames.
>
> First sentence was meant as a question (missed the question mark). Sorry
> about that!

Had found the problem as soon as I re-read the post ;)
Yes the $surnames array was being mangled later. THOUGHT I had the
print_r after the function it was calling to generate it, but there was
another function call in the loop. God people can make things so
complicated at times. The duff section was supposed to simply remove
some private surnames but my tidy of the query that generated the list
already takes care of that so simply dropping the duff function
everything bursts into life :) Two hours wasted trying to find it!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL