Re: php manual location of class definition syntax?

On Dec 29, 2015, at 11:30 PM, Adam Jon Richardson wrote:

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Jeffry Killen <jekillen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am having trouble with the online manual, finding section on class
definition syntax.

specifically, I am looking for where to place key words like 'extends' and
'final'

No problem, this particular page was easier to find using Google than the
website's navigation (for me at least.)
http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.final.php

I am working on a class that I don't want to allow extension. But when I
place the key word final
like so:

class someClass final
        {
        }

I get a syntax error. I thought that was supposed to be the place to put
those key words.

You can, but you have to place the final keyword at the beginning of the
class or method declaration.

Have a great day!

Adam

Thank you , you help make it greater that it already is
JK